Moynure House COVID -19 Safety Measures.
What to expect when you stay with us at Moynure House.
You can expect a warm welcome by one of the owners albeit without our usual hand shake as part of the greeting.
Please drive to back of the house. The B&B entrance is at the side of the premises.
As we are restricted from assisting you with your luggage we suggest that you have a small overnight bag prepared to take into the house with you.
Full contact details for all guests that you provided in advance will be checked on arrival.
All Visitors where applicable will be requested to present evidence of their 14 days quarantine.
You will be asked to confirm that you do not have any of the COVID-19 symptoms or if you have been in close contact with someone diagnosed or suspected of having the virus in the last 14 days.
If all is well, you will be invited in and asked to use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance door. You will be taken to the upstairs lounge room where at a social distance of 2 meters we can discuss your requirements for the duration of your stay.
As part of the restrictions all tea/coffee facilities, hair dryers, hangers, extra pillows are removed from the rooms but available on requests.
Buffet breakfast will not be available until restrictions are lifted. Your breakfast requirements will be noted on arrival and you will be advised of your table location for breakfast the following morning.
Payment will be taken from the card used for booking on the day of arrival.
Following our discussion you will be shown to your rooms and requested to use text messaging if you have any further requests for the duration of your stay. The owners will be happy to assist you with any additional requirements by leaving any requested items outside your room.
On checkout you can leave the room keys hanging on the bedroom door.
We look forward to welcoming you. Our welcome may be a little different but you can still be assured of a warm Irish welcome. We are confident that you will enjoy your stay with us.
Moynure House COVID-19 Response Plan
COVID-19 Response Plan
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our home. The safety of our guests and us is our priority. We are following guidelines issued by the Irish government to ensure your safety while you stay with us.
We have made the necessary changes to the day-to-day running of our home, ensuring our services are delivered to you with every precaution possible.
Combining this level of care with enhanced hygiene protocols will ensure you have a very enjoyable and safe experience.
Communal Guest Lounge and Dining room
1. Hand Sanitisers have been put in place at entrances and exits to our home, and in the lounge/dining room.
2. Library of books is prohibited from use.
3. Tea/Coffee making facilities have been removed from this communal area but are available on request
2. Existing seating arrangements ensures social distancing is in place.
3 Buffet breakfasts will not be available until restrictions are lifted. Your breakfast requirements will be noted on arrival and you will be advised of your table location for breakfast the following morning.
4. Tables and chairs are cleaned and sanitised between each use.
5. Regular cleaning is carried out. All surfaces and common touch points including door handles, stair banisters, chairs, TV remote are cleaned, sprayed and disinfected each day.
6. Windows and doors will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate throughout the house.
2. Social distancing will be implemented throughout your stay. Signage and markings will be in place so safe social distancing is implemented.
3. We want to make the check in process as easy as possible for you. We welcome guest between 16:00 18:00 hrs. We will request guests to provide us in advance with your expected arrival time.
4. In line with Covid-19 regulations we also need to collect in advance full contact details for you and other guests travelling with you.
Please let us have the following information in advance of your arrival.
• • Full names of every member of your group
• • Addresses
• • Email addresses
• • Telephone numbers
• • Evidence of 14 days quarantine where it applies in line with government regulations
5. We will use cashless payment only. We will take payment from the card provided in the booking process on the date of arrival. The usual 48 hours cancellation policy will apply.
1. Your bedroom will have received a thorough clean and full sanitisation before you arrive.
2. Extra time will be assigned per room to allow common touch areas to be thoroughly sanitised TV remote controls, handles and switches.
3. Hair dryers, hangers, have been removed but are available on request.
4. Non-essential decorative textiles bed throws & cushions have been removed.
5. Keys will be disinfected before and after each stay.
6. The utmost care is taken in handling the treatment and sterilisation of bed linen. Our bed linen is washed and sterilised to eliminate any potential bacteria and viruses.
7. For guests staying multiple nights, rooms will not be cleaned while guests are inside. We ask you to indicate at check-in how often you would like your room serviced.
We are confident that you will enjoy your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you. Our welcome may be a little different but it will be still a warm Irish welcome.